- The Blue Jays won 13-4.
– John Danks is 0-8.
— Jose Bautista DID NOT homer.
—- Edwin Encarnacion, Aaron Hill, and Corey Patterson all did.
—– It was Encarnacion and Hill’s first homers of the year.
- Aaron Heilman is 4-0? Aaron Heilman is 4-0.
– With an ERA in the eights.
— The Diamondbacks are now 29-24 and lead the NL West. It’s almost June.
- The Dodgers had 17 hits? Sure.
– So did the Mets. Against Philly!
– And the Twins had 13! (and lost)
- One night only, in Arlington: Battle of the formerly elite closers who are currently really struggling!!!!
– With the game tied at 5-5 in KCR/TEX, Neftali Feliz came in and gave up the go-ahead run. Guess he just has to go ahead and call the Royals his daddy?
— Joakim Soria came in to save the game for the Royals, and promptly gave up a game-tying home run to Nelson Cruz. Mike Napoli singled right after, but the next two batters struck out. Apparently that didn’t matter, because Elvis Andrus singled, and Napoli scored.
—- From first.
—– No seriously. Mike Napoli.
- Eduardo Nunez triple. It ended up like this.
- Hey, the Cubs beat the Pirates.
- Scott Kazmir gave up ten runs in a rehab start. I know he’s broken, but seriously. Ten runs. Good lord.