- The As scored seven runs today before they made an out.
- The Giants scored the winning run on a suicide squeeze. In the same game, the Padres had the bases loaded in extra innings… but didn’t score because they bunted into a double play.
– Oh wait, this is You Can’t Predict Baseball. It’s still wacky.
- Phil Hughes threw his first quality start since September 26 of last year.
- Joel Hanrahan finally blew a save – to the Astros?!
– The Pirates won anyway.
— They have the fewest losses in the NL Central.
- The Brewers actually won a road series!
– against the Rockies.
— the Rockies haven’t won on Sunday since April 17.
- Daniel Hudson threw a complete game with only one run given up. Okay, okay, it was against the Dodgers, but…
– he homered!
— and drove in two other runs.
- In a game where Jair Jurrjens started against the Nationals, the Braves trailed 6-2 late. They managed to tie it up, then go ahead – but the Nationals went ahead again.
– The Braves tied it in the bottom of the eighth on a Nate McLouth home run (?!) and then won it in the bottom of the ninth.
— Keep in mind, this was with the Braves offense…
- Currently, Red Sox/Rays is scoreless through eleven, despite Rays relievers walking seven in three innings (!!) and the Red Sox having bases loaded, nobody out.