- Tonight, the Phillies lost back-to-back games for the first time since June 4. That’s crazy.
– Those previous back-to-back losses were against the MARINERS.
- With a 4-3 win today, the Royals split a series.
– against the Red Sox.
— at Fenway!
—- the Boston starters they faced in this series: Jon Lester, Andrew Miller, John Lackey, and Josh Beckett. If you know this site, you can probably guess what games the Royals won.
—– Kevin Youkilis is hitting .370/.480/.648 at Fenway, and .193/.312/.345 away. Uh wow. That’s a .648 slugging at home, and a .657 *OPS* on the road.
- And Houston split a four-game series with the Cardinals.
- the Mets swept the Reds in a four-game series.
– at the Great American Ballpark. Yikes.
— Despite the Reds scoring nine runs today.
—- Jason Bay doubled for the first time in over fifty games (!!!).
- Mark Trumbo was a single short of the cycle.
– And Josh Hamilton was a homer away for the cycle.
- The As scored five runs in the first inning off the Rays, and eight runs overall.
– They lost.
— Craig Breslow, Brad Ziegler, and Brian Fuentes combined to give up seven runs in an inning.
—- The As have a .321 average, .397 OBP (!!!!), and .871 OPS since the All-Star Break ended. Wow.
- Tim Lincecum got a hit off Kyle Kendrick.
– Which isn’t nearly as unpredictable as Kyle Kendrick getting a hit off Tim Lincecum in the same game.
- Derek Lowe was 10-0 in his ten career starts against the Pirates before tonight.
– He had ten career starts against them.
— He lost.
—- JOEL HANRAHAN LIVES.
- Emilio Bonifacio has a 26-game hitting streak. Wat.