- The Astros won!
– After blowing a lead in extras.
— They finish the season 4-3 against the defending champion Giants.
- With fourteen strikeouts today, David Price set a Rays single-game strikeout record.
– He had eight strikeouts through three innings.
— He’s 12-11 with a 3.40 ERA.
—- James Shields has an ERA under three, a K/9 of nearly nine, an absurd ten complete games, and a WHIP just over one. He is 12-10.
—– Jose Molina DHed in this game against him.
—— Jose Molina actually has a 120 wRC+ this year, and got one of Toronto’s three hits against Price.
- The Orioles shut out the Yankees in the first game of a doubleheader.
– Then in the second game, the Yankees scored eight runs, without A-Rod or Jeter in the lineup.
— At one point in the doubleheader Mark Reynolds went 4-for-4 – with no homers.
—- Vlad Guerrero infield single.
- The Angels had a 4-1 lead with Jered Weaver on the mound against the Rangers.
– Jeff Mathis had hit an RBI single.
— and they lost.
—- A bad play by Peter Bourjos led to a Texas run.
- Zack Greinke stole a base.
– Might I remind you, considering where they both are now, that AJ Burnett beat the Brewers?