Curtis Granderson hit three home runs tonight.
- In the first four innings.
– He ended up going 5-for-5 with three home runs. No Yankee in history has had three home runs on the same night that they had five hits.
— This was a 4-game series that the Twins and Yankees split. It’s the first time the Twins have won two games in a series at Yankee Stadium since 2001.
—- Phil Hughes gave up six runs and got a win.
Ryan Braun went 0-for-11 in a series, with five strikeouts.
- The Brewers won that series.
– Against the red-hot Dodgers, to boot.
— At a certain point in today’s game, Matt Treanor hit a leadoff triple for the Dodgers.
—- And was stranded.
Speaking of the Dodgers, we know Matt Kemp is hot, but his slugging is .960.
- That’s higher than the OPS of every single National League team.
– He also has more home runs than several teams, including the Phillies, Braves, Rockies, Royals, and Giants.
The Cardinals have four losses…
- and Adam Wainwright has three of them.
the Astros hit three triples in one inning
- against the Nationals, who have been extremely good pitching-wise.
– They ended up blowing out the Nationals, 11-4.
Tonight’s the night Erick Aybar is getting honored as the Gold Glove winner for last year. He has two errors, and the Angels are only just beginning the fifth inning.
- CJ Wilson has given up four runs so far – to the As.
– The As ended up winning 4-2. They had three hits. The Angels had 10.