The Baltimore Orioles, the first place team in the American League East, signed veteran pitcher Jamie Moyer.
- You can go ahead and decide which part of that belongs here more.
– The Orioles’ triple-A roster also includes such stalwarts as Miguel Tejada, Bill Hall, Joel Pineiro and J.C. Romero (thanks @Eutawstreet!)
— The Orioles beat the Red Sox 2-1 today.
—- At Fenway.
—– The Orioles are 5-0 at Fenway this year, and have won seven straight at Fenway going back to last year.
Gregor Blanco and Cameron Maybin both hit home runs today.
- Once you’ve digested that, try this on for size: they did it in the same inning.
B.J. Upton (finally) tied Anibal Sanchez in triples.
Via @chris_sherwood, the Giants scored two runs in an inning in which no ball made it to an outfielder.
- The final score of Giants/Padres was 6-5.
– As was the final score of Dodgers/Phillies.
— The final score of Indians/Tigers was 9-6.
Rafael Soriano had a 1-2-3 inning.
- It was his first 1-2-3 inning of the season, and we’re already in June.
Via @austinnarber, the White Sox are the only team that is currently in first place in its division to have won a World Series in the last 21 seasons.
Rajai Davis and Brett Lawrie have the same number of home runs (@MatanAhfeld)