The Yankees hit back-to-back-to-back home runs off of Johan Santana.
- At one point Robinson Cano had more home runs in the game than the Mets had hits (they ultimately ended up with the same number).
– The Yankees combined to two-hit the Mets.
Jim Thome had an infield single and Mike Fontenot hit a home run.
- The Phillies had seven runs in the first two innings.
Ian Stewart tripled.
- Cubs/Twins. This is a real series that is really happening. This is a thing.
Atlanta IBB’d…Rajai Davis
- Brandon Beachy had two hits, an infield single and a liner double.
– Dan Uggla walked four times tonight.
Via @skatingtripods, Manny Acta called for a hit and run with his pitcher, Josh Tomlin…
- who promptly singled to right field.
Barry Zito K’d Josh Hamilton.
Miguel Cairo hit a stand up triple.
- And Wilson Valdez hit a walk-off bunt.
– It was the Reds’ first walk-off bunt since 1990
Six Seattle pitchers combined to no-hit the Dodgers.
- Kevin Millwood pitched six of these innings, before leaving with an injury.
– it’s the second no-hitter at Safeco Field this season, after Philip Humber.
The Padres are already 21 games under .500. Twenty-one!
- And 5-20 on the road.
– One of those road wins was against Strasburg.
Oakland scored six runs in an inning, and eight runs total.
- They lost.