The Twins scored eleven runs!
- Okay, it was against the Cubs.
– But Jeff Samardzija! He’s actually been good!
— Which is YCPB-y in and of itself.
The Pirates are 31-27.
- And only a game back of first place.
The final score of a Dice-K/Gio Gonzalez matchup was a measly 4-2.
- Then again, considering how good Gio’s been this year, this might be a You Can’t Predict 2011 Baseball entry.
Bronson Arroyo got a hit off Justin Verlander.
- Through 5 IP in this game, Verlander threw 113 pitches and Arroyo had 58.
– And the Tigers won.
— The Tigers are actually the only team in all of baseball that hasn’t been shut out this year.
A night after getting no-hit, the Dodgers scored three runs in the first against the Mariners.
- And eight runs overall.
– They had 14 hits. Dodgers angry.
— Clayton Kershaw did give up three runs in five innings to the Mariners. (His final line is a much better-looking 7 IP/3 R.)
—- They came on a Miguel Olivo homer. Off Clayton Kershaw!
—– Did you know Miguel Olivo has a .217 OBP? I didn’t. That’s… terrible.
—— Jerry Hairston Jr. homered too. He is now hitting .366/.435/.525.