Cliff Lee didn’t win, again.
- Against the Orioles.
– Steve Tolleson homered against him.
— Forget the personal wins – he’s started ten games and the Phillies are 3-7 in his starts.
AJ Burnett has also started ten games, and today he didn’t give up a hit until the sixth.
- He turned in another extremely solid outing, with 7.1 innings of two-run ball.
– That one horrendous start against the Cardinals accounts for almost half the runs he’s allowed this season.
h/t Hardball Talk, the Giants have gone sixteen straight home games without a home run.
- That’s 503 plate appearances.
– The last home home run for the Giants was by Gregor Blanco.
— They’ve gone 10-6 during this streak.
Maybe not that shocking, but Angels/Rockies was 6-6… through two innings.
- Oh Coors.
The Nationals swept the Red Sox, at Fenway. It’s so unfair that these first-place teams are given last-place teams to beat up on…
- The Nationals were 0-9 all time at Fenway before this series.
– Alfredo Aceves, 24-3 in his career before 2012, is now 0-4.
AROLDIS CHAPMAN GAVE UP THE LEAD
- to the struggling Tigers, of all teams.
– he got Miguel Cabrera and Prince Fielder out…
— but couldn’t get Quintin Berry (walked him on four pitches) or Matt Young (hit him on 1-2 count) out.
The Pirates are in first place.
–They score 3.2 runs a game.