The last time the Pirates won five straight series, Bryce Harper hadn’t been born.
- Their hot stretch was cooled down tonight – by the Orioles.
– Brian Roberts played. (Seriously, we’re happy to see him healthy again.)
The score of a Phillies/Twins game is 10-7.
- In the seventh.
Mike Minor went 1-2-3 against Teixeira, Rodriguez and Cano.
- Actually, Minor shut out the Yankees through seven innings.
– A Mike Minor/CC Sabathia matchup was going quite swimmingly – for the Braves.
— Then, of course, the Yankees scored six runs in the eighth inning. Off Venters.
—- The big blow was a game-tying grand slam by A-Rod. The Yankees haven’t been good with RISP, and they’ve been outright terrible at hitting with the bases loaded.
—– And yet, they lead the Majors in Grand Slams. Five of their 11 hits with the bases loaded have left the park.
Via @msimonespn, Chris Young was relieved by a pitcher who, somehow, is taller than him.
- The Mets, losers of six of seven, went into the Trop and spanked the Rays.
– Ike Davis hit a home run.
— The Mets scored a season-high in runs – again, against the very good-pitching Rays.
—- Chris Young got his first win since last April.
There was a Zack Greinke/Luis Mendoza pitching matchup.
- One of these pitchers took a no-hitter into the seventh.
– You see where we’re going with this. It wasn’t Greinke.
The fake-to-third, fake-to-first actually worked in the Tigers-Cubs game.
Someone broke that homerless games at home streak for the Giants!
- … it was Madison Bumgarner.