Chris Davis is hitting .308/.350/.542.
- With a win as a pitcher!
– h/t @camdencrazies, Chris Davis has a 135 wRC+. Sammy Sosa had a 141 wRC+ in 1999, the year he hit 63 home runs.
A year after being completely rancid, Adam Dunn is now tied for the major league lead in homers.
- Of all teams, the White Sox are 21-6 in their past 27 interleague road games.
– This after losing two of three in their series with the Cardinals.
They lost, but hey, the Cubs actually scored runs against Justin Verlander.
Brandon Belt had no homers the morning of June 12. Now he has three.
- As long as we’re talking about the Giants, Matt Cain was the first pitcher to ever score a run in his own perfect game.
The As swept the Rockies.
- This was the As’ first road sweep since the end of 2010.
– The Rockies don’t have an interleague win; they’re 0-9 against the AL this year.
— Since 2006, they’ve actually gone 56-46 against the AL, one of the better interleague records.
The Mets swept the Rays.
- They’d lost six of seven coming into this series, including getting swept by the Yankees just before. The Rays had swept the Marlins.
– They scored at least nine runs in every game of this series.
— They faced Hellickson and Price in two of the games.
—- JASON BAY HOMER.
—– And two homers for Kirk Nieuwenhuis.
Joe Blanton has two complete games and Cliff Lee still has no wins.