A-Rod has three doubles in the past two days. He had six doubles before yesterday.
- He had two doubles tonight.
– Six doubles is fewer than Dee Gordon or Casey Kotchman have.
— Something I noticed while writing this recap: Jose Bautista has only nine doubles. And 26 home runs.
Craig Kimbrel gave up a home run.
- To Chris Young, who’s hitting .155/.243/.243 since coming off the DL on May 18; that’s 115 AB.
Jeff Mathis had four hits tonight.
- Including a home run.
– He was actually a triple short of the cycle.
— Normally we wouldn’t note that, as players being a triple short of the cycle is actually fairly common. Seriously, it had been done 108 times already this season coming into today, including three times yesterday and twice the day before that. But Jeff Mathis! C’mon.
—- And he did all this against the Angels. Should of kept!
—– The Blue Jays lost anyway.
In the last three games of a four-game series with the Rockies, the Nationals scored 33 runs
- And they split the series.
– Today, they came back from a 7-0 deficit.
— That 7-0 deficit was in the second.
—- It was 7-5 through three. #Coors
—– It was 5-0 after just one out (for Colorado)!
—— Ian Desmond hit a home run off Josh Roenicke, his brother-in-law.
Alexei Amarista’s first big league homer was a grand slam
- for the Padres.