Cliff Lee, who pitched tonight, is still winless.
- He’s legitimately been bad for a little while; in his last four starts, his ERA is over seven.
– Tonight, he gave up six runs and ten hits over just 4.2 innings to the Marlins.
DeWayne Wise, a backup outfielder, pitched for the Yankees.
- On June 1, Cory Wade lowered his ERA to 2.28. Since then, he’s thrown nine innings, where he’s given up 21 hits and 15 runs. Four of those hits were homers.
– The White Sox trailed 4-0 after the first and won 14-7.
— Jose Quintana got a win for giving up six runs in six innings.
The first run for the Nationals tonight was driven in by Ross Detwiler.
Will Rhymes saw 20 pitches in two at bats…
- against Justin Verlander.
– The Tigers are 3-2 against the Rays this year
— and both of the Rays’ wins are against Verlander.
Edwin Encarnacion had two SB tonight.
Aaron Hill hit for his second cycle this season.
- Heck, his second cycle in eleven games (!!!!)!
– He’s the first player to hit for two cycles in one season since Babe Herman did it.
— in 1932!
Adam Lind has two HR tonight.
Before tonight, the Giants had thrown FOUR straight shutouts.
- So of course the first pitch of the next game was a home run.
– Matt Cain threw the pitch.
— Actually, Cain gave up three runs in the first.
Johnny Venters walked a reliever…
- and then struck out Bryce Harper to end the inning.
– Michael Morse, Jesus Flores, and Andrelton Simmons all homered in this game.
— It brought them each to three homers on the season.