Adam Dunn stole a base.
– Believe it or not, in 2002 he stole 19 bases.
— That said, he hasn’t stolen a base since 2008.
—- Daniel Nava hit third and was the DH today.
—– This on a team with a $175 million payroll.
—— Nick Punto pinch hit.
——- In what may or may not be related news, the Red Sox lost.
Before today’s games started, the Orioles had a -55 run differential and were in second place in the AL East.
– Even so, the Orioles’ loss tonight means that the second wild card spot in the American League is currently Oakland’s to lose.
Bobby Abreu, leadoff hitter.
The Mets got a seven-inning, three-hit, eight-strike out appearance from Jon Niese, and they lost.
– Because the Mets’ bullpen blew the save, twice.
— Despite a Jordany Valdespin home run in the top of the ninth to tie the game.
—- The Nationals eventually won on a Pedro Beato wild pitch.
Chris Stewart hit a double, and advanced to third on an error.
– It’s his 12th career double, but his fourth this season.
The Angels hit five home runs today, including one from Alberto Callaspo.
– This is especially notable because the Angels were playing the Tigers, at Comerica, which is not exactly known for being a hitters’ park.
— The Tigers were shut out, the first time in 158 games.
Via @AlexPavlovic, Barry Zito has four scoreless outings this season, which is as many as Matt Cain and Madison Bumgarner combined.