A Red Sox/Yankees game was over in two hours and forty-one minutes.
— And there were thirteen combined runs, too.
—- Phil Hughes gave up three home runs, including one to Carl Crawford
—– and still got a win. Easily, too.
It’s probably worth noting that before this game, the Wally the Green Monster costume was stolen from Fenway.
- the Boston Police Department tweeted about it when it was found, by the way.
Cole Hamels walked six.
- And Ben Sheets is 3-0
– and has given up one run in those three starts.
Omar Vizquel hit a stand-up triple.
- And Jeff Mathis had a bases-clearing double.
The Cardinals hit a homer in every one of the first five innings of their game against the Cubs today.
- It was all against the same starting pitcher, too.
– The Cubs scored three runs in two of the first three innings, and lost.
The Twins beat someone 11-0.
The score of Oakland/Baltimore was 5-0 Oakland, 6-5 Baltimore, 8-6 Oakland, 9-8 Baltimore
- and now after one very bad inning from Jim Johnson, 14-9 Oakland.
Over in Dodgers/Giants…
- Dodger starter Stephen Fife allowed six of the first nine batters to reach and didn’t strike out anyone through his first four innings.
– Matt Kemp was 0-for-5.
— In the bottom of the tenth, closer Kenley Jansen allowed the first two Giants batters to reach.
—- You see where I’m going with this, though – the Dodgers won, in extras, at AT&T, because of a home run by… Hanley Ramirez!