Mike Fiers, technically a rookie, had a perfect game through six.
- Against the scalding-hot Reds.
– He didn’t get the perfecto, but the Reds actually lost.
Josh Hamilton’s OBP is lower than Mike Trout’s BA.
- And Robinson Cano’s outslugging him. Now, Cano’s really good, but when April ended Hamilton was slugging .744 (and he slugged .781 in May), and Cano .389.
The Tigers are 16-1 at home since July 4.
And with a ninth inning implosion tonight, the Indians have lost 11 in a row.
- If the Twins beat them again tomorrow, they will be tied for third in the ALC.
– On July 26, they were 9.5 games behind Cleveland.
— This insane losing streak started after a comeback win against Verlander, by the way.
Still not as bad as the Astros, who have lost 31 of 35.
- Only two teams in baseball history have been worse than that over a 35-game span, and the most recent was the 1916 Philadelphia Athletics.
– Since June 28, they’ve won four games. June 28!
— Fourteen PITCHERS have more wins than that since June 28.
Jon Lester is 5-10.