The Twins beat the Yankees.
- This was their 26th one-run win this year.
– Out of 69 wins.
— They actually came from behind to beat the Yankees, by the way.
Tonight, Freddie Freeman hit a walk-off home run to clinch a playoff spot for the Braves.
- Last year, he made the last out of their season to complete their collapse.
– Sometimes baseball is really cool.
— This was Freeman’s first career walk-off homer, and he joins a strange group of four players who have had their first walk-off homer send their team to the playoffs: Alfonso Soriano in 1999, Hank Aaron in 1957, and Bobby Thomson in the Shot Heard ‘Round the World in 1951.
—- It’s also the third straight season a player’s hit a walk-off HR to send their team to the playoffs; Evan Longoria did it last year, and Jay Bruce in 2010.
—– In the Braves game, Chris Medlen allowed two home runs…
—— to Donovan Solano.
David Price struck out 13 today. Maybe not so unpredictable, but…
- I’m only mentioning it here to say that Greinke had as many strikeouts in five innings.
– Including four in one inning.
The Brewers lost back-to-back games
- for the first time in about five weeks.
The Pirates won.
- This snapped a four-game Mets winning streak
– all of which took place at Citi Field.
— Today was the first time all year the Mets hit back-to-back home runs.