It’s September 29th and the Baltimore Orioles are tied for first place.
- They have done this while today Lew Ford was their designated hitter.
– They are now 72-0 in 2012 when leading after seven innings (via @amandarykoff).
— Jacoby Ellsbury had an outfield assist.
The Yankees went 2-11 with runners in scoring position and left ten men on base.
– They did this against Ricky Romero, who, to put it nicely, is not having a great season.
— Romero has a 5.77 ERA, and lasted just three innings in today’s game, and the Blue Jays still won.
There’s no proper way to explain what happened with this play, but we highly recommend you watch it.
– Short version: Michael Morse hit a single that got overturned into a grand slam.
Orlando Hudson hit a grand slam for the White Sox.
At one point today, Rajai Davis had been seven-for-the-last-seven.
The Pirates won a game!
– They beat the Reds, who are tied for the best record in baseball.
— They are now 7-20 in September.
Chris Gimenez hit a home run.
The A’s entered today’s game down 4-1 in the eight.
– They got one run in the eighth,
— Two in the ninth to tie…
—- and hit a three-run walk off home run in the 10th.
—– Yoenis Cespedes scored from first on a routine single to right field.
Miguel Cabera hit a home run today, to put him back in position to win the AL triple crown with four days left to go.