Chris Stewart walked twice.
- Ben Francisco and Jayson Nix walked in the same inning.
– Lyle Overbay tripled.
Jonathan Sanchez’s night went like this: HR, HR, 1B, HBP, ejected from game.
Anthony Rizzo hit his eighth home run tonight.
- He’s still only hitting .200.
– This is especially notable because he hit it against the Marlins.
— With one home run tonight, the Marlins now have seven home runs.
Kyle Kendrick CGSHO against the Mets.
Jordan Zimmermann also threw a CGSHO, on just 91 pitches.
- Against the Reds.
– The lone hit belonged to Xavier Paul.
— The Reds have been one-hit on back-to-back nights.
—- For the first time all season, Shin-Soo Choo did not reach base.
Anibal Sanchez struck out 17.
- This is both the Tigers’ single-game strikeout record, as well as the interleague single-game strikeout record.
– There are 36 qualified pitchers with 17 or fewer strikeouts so far this year.
— These pitchers include Jake Westbrook and Ross Detwiler, who are #1 and #2 in NL ERA. (thanks to @hitthecutoff)
— The Tigers clobbered the Braves, 10-0.
—- Paul Malholm allowed only three runs in his first four starts and no runs at all in the first three, but tonight he allowed eight runs in 3.2 innings.
Yuinesky Betancourt homer.
- He actually has four already.
Jason Bay is hitting leadoff for the Mariners tonight.