Clete Thomas had four hits tonight.
Shelby Miller set his career high in runs allowed.
- Against the Mets.
– He did this in the first 3.1 innings of the game.
Barry Zito’s ERA on the road is 11.28. At home it’s 1.94.
- The Giants only have three players with 100+ PAs and an OPS+ under 110. They are Gregor Blanco, Angel Pagan, and Andres Torres, and they’re at 97, 99, and 103 respectively.
– Meanwhile, the highest ERA+ in their rotation is 96. (That’s Madison Bumgarner’s 3.58 ERA. Bring back steroids.) Cain is at 68 and Lincecum 73.
— The Giants actually roughed up Francisco Liriano today, scoring four runs off him in just six innings, but Liriano still got the win.
Kansas City has hit homers in back to back games.
- This time, it was a two-out, two-run, game-tying homer by Lorenzo Cain off an 0-2 pitch from Valverde.
– Justin Verlander got a no-decision, just his second of the year.
— Kansas City has won 7 of 8.
Edinson Volquez came into the game with a 6.33 ERA and allowed 4+ runs in 8 of his 13 starts.
- Tonight, he allowed one run over seven innings while striking out nine.
– The Padres swept the Braves.
— Justin Upton homered, his first since May 17th, nearly 100 plate appearances ago. He had a .491 OPS from then until tonight.
Alfredo Aceves allowed one run over six innings.
- Against the Rays, whose offense has been very good of late.
Mike Pelfrey struck out 7.
- Once again, this tied Minnesota’s season high by a starter. Every other team has had at least two starts of 8+ strikeouts. Detroit had their 24th tonight.
Ross Ohlendorf had an ERA of nearly 8 over the last two seasons.
- He made his 2013 debut tonight. In Coors Field.
– Six innings, one run. Just two hits.