Kris Medlen, the pitcher, stole a base.
- It is his first career stolen base.
Jonny Gomes had two infield singles in one game.
Taylor Teagarden, batting .042 coming into today’s game, hit a three-run home run off of Rick Porcello.
- Other unlikely home runs today were hit by Ichiro Suzuki, and, in a case of bizarro YCPB, Hanley Ramirez.
– Hanley went 6-for-6 in a doubleheader.
Jason Grilli blew a save.
- We’re not really sure if the fact that it was his first blown save of the season or that he already has 25 saves on the season is more unpredictable.
J.P. Arencibia walked; it’s just his seventh walk of the season.
- h/t @loveforthree, the Blue Jays have been tied or had a lead now for 61 consecutive innings.
In the first game of their doubleheader against the Yankees, the Dodgers got charged for four errors.
- The second two of these occurred when Ronald Belisario failed to catch an infield pop up (off the bat of Vernon Wells), and then attempted to start a double play—but ended up throwing the ball into centerfield instead. The two runs that scored for the Yankees ended up being the deciding runs of the game.
– Here’s a GIF.
Jonathan Papelbon blew two saves to the Nationals in three games.