Heading into today’s games, both the Astros and Marlins had winning records for the month of June, h/t @eyeonbaseball.
Munenori Kawasaki hit a home run!
- The Blue Jays have won nine in a row and are now .500.
Victor Martinez and Pedro Alvarez both hit infield singles.
Mark DeRosa pinch hit
- and was intentionally walked.
In his first Major League start, Zoilo Almonte went 3-4, including his first MLB home run.
- He’s the second player in Yankees’ history to have three hits and a home run within his first three games; the other was Oscar Azocar in 1990. (h/t @espnstatsinfo)
It’s June 21st, and Cole Hamels has already tied his career high for losses in a season.
- Via @espnstatsinfo, Hamels is the first Phillies pitcher with 11 losses before the end of June since 1937.
Bartolo Colon gave up a home run.
- This might not sound unpredictable at first, but it’s his first home run given up in 48 innings.