Alexi Casilla (and his career .332 slugging) homered.
- It was his first homer since last August.
– That one also came off of Justin Masterson.
The Yankees won on four solo home runs.
- Three of them came off Yu Darvish, who had never allowed three homers in an outing before.
– (Not the same) three were by Jayson Nix, Brett Gardner, and Ichiro Suzuki.
— Nix’s two home runs this year are off Justin Verlander and Yu Darvish.
—- Ichiro’s home run was a walk-off.
—– Ichiro’s only other walk-off home run was in 2009 -
—— Off Mariano Rivera.
——- Who got the win in this one.
——– Adrian Beltre committed two errors in a game for the first time in more than three years.
The White Sox dropped what would have been a game-ending infield pop-up, allowing the opposing team to tie the game.
- That opposing team was the Mets. They are usually on the other end of these types of plays.
– The Mets lost anyway. The White Sox walked off in the ninth during an inning that included a fielding error on a sac bunt attempt.
Juan Nicasio allowed 12 hits in just 2.1 innings pitched.
- Only three pitchers have ever allowed that many hits in fewer innings.
– Four Red Sox players had three-hit games.
— Jose Iglesias watch: 3-5, 1 double. .434/.484/.575 in 126 PAs.
—- h/t @alexspeier, Iglesias would have to go 0-for-52 to have his batting average drop below .300.
The Marlins won.
Kris Medlen has a 3.02 ERA and is 5-7.
The Tigers made six errors.
- The Angels are 4-0 against the Tigers this year.
– Even Josh Hamilton had three hits.
For the first time in a month, Matt Moore allowed fewer than three runs in a full start.
- He also got the win while walking six.
– It’s the eighth time this season a pitcher has won a game while walking six, and the second time Moore has done it.
— Even JP Arencibia drew a walk, just his eighth on the year.
Edwin Jackson has a 5.84 ERA.
- That’s the lowest mark of the three Cubs pitchers used today.
– Two homers for Rickie Weeks.
Jake Westbrook (1.76 ERA) allowed four runs in six innings to the Astros.
Joe Saunders came into the day with a 2.53 ERA at Safeco Field and a 6.46 ERA everywhere else.
- The Pirates dropped six runs on him in 1.2 innings.
– Brandon Inge three-run homer.
— Jeff Locke carried in a 1.34 ERA in his last 12 starts
—- His 15 inning scoreless streak was snapped by the Mariners in Safeco.