Ian Kinsler hit an inside-the-park home run off of Chris Sale.
- We have video to prove it.
Jonathan Villar tripled twice tonight.
- He was the number nine hitter.
– The last number-nine Astros hitter with two triples in a game? Jim Golden, a pitcher, in 1962.
Brian Roberts hit a grand slam.
- While Roberts has hit grand slams in the past, tonight’s was just his third home run of the season.
– Matt Wieters had an infield hit.
David DeJesus has played for the Rays, Nationals, and Cubs this week.
You may have heard that Vin Scully is going to return next year to call Dodgers games. Via @sammillerbp, to get a grip on how long Scully has been in the broadcast booth consider this: Scully called games the same year that Connie Mack managed MLB games; Mack was born 10 weeks after the Emancipation Proclamation.
The Cubs scored six runs in the first inning tonight before making an out.
The Phillies have won three games in a row via the walk-off.
Hiroki Kuroda allowed three home runs tonight; he had not allowed one since the end of June (56.2 IP)