The Rockies and Cardinals combined to use 20 pitchers in a game, tying the MLB record for pitchers used in one game (combined for both teams).
- Todd Helton successfully executed the hidden-ball trick.
– The Rockies won on a walk-off triple.
The Dodgers clinched a postseason berth.
- This is notable because they were in last place on July first; they’re just the fourth MLB team to accomplish this (h/t @dodgers).
– Via @espnstatsinfo and @eliassports, the Dodgers are the first team to win a division title in a season in which they were 12 games under .500 since 1989 Blue Jays.
Yu Darvish walked in a run in the first inning.
- Matt Moore allowed three home runs in the third inning in a four-batter span.
– He’d allowed three home runs in his previous 11 starts combined.