Jose Lobaton hit a home run.
- The home run was a walk-off hit.
– The pitcher that surrendered it? Koji Uehara.
— Uehara had given up just one earned run since the start of July.
—- The Rays have now won four elimination games in a span of nine days (Toronto, Texas, Cleveland, Boston).
—– The first three of those games were all played on the road.
Anibal Sanchez allowed 4 homers in Detroit all year.
- He has allowed 3 today.
Via @chadmoriyama, Carl Crawford had just one home run since May 7th.
- He’s hit three in the NLDS…so far.
– Two of them came tonight.
— Via @espnstatsinfo, Crawford is the first Dodger to hit two home runs in a postseason game since Shawn Green in the 2004 NLDS.
Michael Wacha, who had just nine starts this season, took a no-hitter into the eighth against the Pirates.
- Also from our friends at ESPN Stats and Info, The one hit allowed by the Cardinals was the fewest they’ve ever allowed in a postseason game.
Freddy Garcia: 6.0 IP 8 H 2 R 2 ER 2 BB 6 K 2 HR.