Michael Pineda was ejected from a game for blatant usage of pine tar.
- John Lackey is the first Red Sox starter to strike out at least 11 Yankees and walk none, at Fenway, in at least 100 years.
– AJ Pierzynski walked.
Jean Machi leads the NL in wins, with four.
- He has pitched nine innings all season.
The Cubs were up 5-2 going into the ninth.
- They proceeded to give up five runs that inning.
– The team they were playing was the Diamondbacks, who won.
— Of course, this was Wrigley’s 100th anniversary.
Michael Wacha’s first nine outs were all strikeouts tonight.
- The only batter to put the ball in play was Curtis Granderson.
– Wacha ended up setting a career high in strikeouts with ten…
— and a career low in innings with four.
—- He walked in both the tying and go-ahead runs in today’s game.
—– He walked Ruben Tejada with the bases loaded.
—— Wacha’s walked eight batters all season. Five were tonight.
Aaron Harang’s ERA is still under one.
The Royals hit back-to-back home runs!
- They still lost.