Clint Robinson pitched an inning for the Nationals.
- He’s a first baseman.
On Wednesday, Corey Kluber struck out eighteen in eight innings.
- He’s just the second pitcher ever (Randy Johnson in 1992 being the other) to strike out that many in less than nine innings.
– Via @suss2hyphens, Todd Jones had 14 strikeouts in 2008, and 18 saves. For, you know, comparison’s sake…
Also on Wednesday, the Twins had triples from Brian Dozier, Trevor Plouffe, and Joe Mauer.
- Russell Martin tripled this week, too.
On Thursday, the Cubs won on a walkoff walk.
Sonny Gray gave up one run in seven innings. He lost to Wade Miley, who entered the day with a 6.91 ERA.
San Diego and the Los Angeles Dodgers both had rain delays on the same day.
On Saturday, Jacob deGrom had two hits. In one inning.
- Reminder that he’s a pitcher.
– The Mets scored 10 runs in that inning. There were no ten-run innings in all of 2014.
And, finally, the end to the Cubs game on Friday, in which an outfielder falls down…but it’s not a Cub!