Congratulations to Cole Hamels on his no-hitter.
- Of course, it came against the Cubs, who had the longest streak in baseball of not being no-hit going back to 1965.
Actually, since the All-Star Break, the Phillies have the best record in baseball.
On Monday, Nick Markakis finally hit his first home run of the year.
- He’s been batting cleanup for the Braves a lot of the year, too.
The offense-starved Mets broke Greinke’s scoreless innings streak.
- Pitcher Jacob DeGrom drove in that RBI, too.
– On Saturday, both the Mets and White Sox, two of the bottom three teams in terms of runs scored in all of baseball, scored over ten runs.
Evan Gattis has six triples this year.
David Ross pitched for the Cubs today.
- He’s a catcher.
– This is his second relief inning this year.
The Mariners turned this triple play.