- The Mets/Diamondbacks game is still going on, tied in the bottom of the thirteenth, and it is hella entertaining. But: so far, the Diamondbacks bullpen has thrown seven scoreless innings of one-hit ball. What???
– Make it eight innings… (and that’s where it will end, because the Diamondbacks just walked off. That is the Mets’ 11th walkoff loss of the season.)
- The Indians finally lost.
- Bizarre happening in the seventh inning of the Angels/Yankees game today. Brett Gardner’s up at bat for the Yankees, and he takes an 0-1 pitch that the umpire calls a strike. He doesn’t like it, and complains to the umpire, who throws him out for um pretty much nothing. Rookie bench player Colin Curtis comes in for Gardner, inheriting Gardner’s 0-2 count. He works the count full, then hits his first big-league home run.
– In that inning, Scot Shields struck out Robinson Cano on three pitches, making him look silly. He also easily dealt with Derek Jeter and Nick Swisher. However, he gave up home runs to Colin Curtis and Juan Miranda.
- The Brewers’ Randy Wolf’s line today: 5.2 IP, 13 R/ER.
– He was facing THE PIRATES.
— The Pirates scored 10+ runs for the second night in a row.
- Zack Greinke won!
- The Rays blew a four-run lead to the Orioles (but still won).
- Seattle’s Felix Hernandez: 8 IP, 0 R/ER, 2 H, 8 K… no decision.