- With the Cardinals eliminated from playoff contention (unpredictable in itself), infielder Aaron Miles pitched for them.
– The Pirates actually won on the road against said Cardinals.
- Jason Marquis of the Nationals, in four starts against Philadelphia this year, had an 0-4 record with a 12.51 ERA. Today, against the Phillies, he went six innings, gave up only one run, and struck out seven.
- The Twins/Royals game ended with ten consecutive strikeouts by both teams
– the Royals crushed the Twins 10-1.
— Kila Ka’aihue went 3-for-3 with two home runs and a triple
- how the Yankees scored their runs today: 3 sac flies, two groundouts, and a bases-loaded walk. The Yankees won 6-1 and Toronto had more home runs than they did. SMALLBALL RULZ!