And a very happy October to you. Sadly, kind of a boring night… let’s hope for a crazy postseason, hmm?
- The Angels blew a save against the Rangers on a blown pick-off throw
– Mitch Moreland hit two home runs and stole home.
— The Rangers still lost.
- Jose Bautista did not homer, but he stole third base.
- Daric Barton of the Athletics just had 2 HR and 6 RBI… and had to leave the game with a slight injury. Maybe it was shock that the As scored all those runs?
- Bruce Chen and his 4.45 ERA threw a complete game shutout with only two hits against the Rays. Who are actually, like, good.
– It was his first career CGSHO
— He also leads the Royals in wins. In fact, he’s their only starter with a winning record.
- Jake Westbrook and his 5 K/9 career (5.5 in 2010) struck out 9 Rockies in 7.2 innings.
- In four innings against Matt Cain, the Padres scored as many runs as they did in the entire series with the Cubs.
- Buck Showalter has more wins as the manager of the Orioles this year as the previous two managers this year had combined.